Inhella inkyongensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a new freshwater bacterium in the order Burkholderiales
Cited 8 time in
- Inhella inkyongensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a new freshwater bacterium in the order Burkholderiales
- J Song; H M Oh; Jung-Sook Lee; S B Woo; J C Cho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 5-10
- Publication Year
- A freshwater bacterium, designated IMCC1713T, was isolated from a highly eutrophic artificial pond. Cells of the strain were Gram-negative, chemoheterotrophic, poly-β-hydroxybutyrate granule containing and obligately aerobic short rods that were motile with a single polar flagellum. The 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity analysis showed that the novel strain was most closely related to the species Roseateles depolymerans (96.3%), Mitsuaria chitosanitabida (96.2%), Ideonella dechloratans (96.2%), and Pelomonas saccharophila (96.1%) in the Sphaerotilus-Leptothrix group within the order Burkholderiales. Phylogenetic trees based on 16S rRNA gene sequences indicated that the isolate formed an independent monophyletic clade within the order Burkholderiales. The relatively low DNA G+C content (57.4mol%), together with several phenotypic characteristics, differentiated the novel strain from other members of the Sphaerotilus-Leptothrix group. From the taxonomic data, therefore, the strain should be classified as a novel genus and species, for which the name Inhella inkyongensis gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain of the proposed species is strain IMCC1713T (=KCTC 12791T=NBRC 103252T=CCUG 54308T).
- 16S rRNA geneFreshwaterInhella inkyongensisNovel genusSphaerotilus-Leptothrix group
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.