Purification and characterization of a novel thermoacid-stable fibrinolytic enzyme from Staphylococcus sp. strain AJ isolated from Korean salt-fermented Anchovy-joet
Cited 27 time in
- Purification and characterization of a novel thermoacid-stable fibrinolytic enzyme from Staphylococcus sp. strain AJ isolated from Korean salt-fermented Anchovy-joet
- Nack-Shick Choi; Jae Jun Song; Dong-Min Jeong; Y J Kim; P J Maeng; Seung Ho Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 417-426
- Publication Year
- A novel fibrinolytic enzyme (AJ) was purified from Staphylococcus sp. strain AJ screened from Korean salt-fermented Anchovy-jeot. Relative molecular weight of AJ was determined as 26 kDa by using SDS-PAGE and fibrin zymography. Based on a 2D gel, AJ was found to consist of three active isoforms (pI 5.5-6.0) with the same N-terminal amino acid sequence. AJ exhibited optimum pH and temperature at 2.5-3.0 and 85°C, respectively. AJ kept 85% of the initial activity after heating at 100°C for 20 min on the zymogram gel. The Michaelis constant (K m) and K cat values of AJ towards α-casein were 0.38 mM and 19.73 s-1, respectively. AJ cleaved the Aα-chain of fibrinogen but did not affect the Bβ- and γ-chains, indicating that it is an α-fibrinogenase. The fibrinolytic activity was inhibited by diisopropyl fluorophosphate, indicating AJ is a serine protease. Interestingly, AJ was very stable at acidic condition, SDS, and heat (100°C), whereas it was easily degraded at neutral and alkaline conditions. In particular, AJ formed an active homo-dimer in the pH range from 7.0 to 8.0. To our knowledge, a similar combination of acid and heat stability has not yet been reported for other fibrinolytic enzymes.
- anchovy-jeotfibrin zymographyfibrinolytic enzymestaphylococcus sp. strain AJthermoacid-stable
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > SME Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.