Cited 6 time in
- Importance of the porcine ADAM3 disintegrin domain in sperm-egg interaction = 돼지 ADAM3 disintegrin domain이 정자와 난자의 결합에 중요
- Ekyune Kim; K E Park; Ji Su Kim; Dong Chul Baek; J W Lee; Sang Rae Lee; Myeong Su Kim; Sang-Hyun Kim; C S Kim; D B Koo; H S Kang; Z Y Ryoo; Kyu Tae Chang
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Reproduction and Development, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 156-162
- Publication Year
- In the mouse, ADAM3, a well-characterized testis-specific protein of the A disintegrin and metalloprotease (ADAM) family, has a crucial role in fertilization by mediating sperm binding to the egg zona pellucida. However, little is known about ADAM3 in other species, such as domestic pigs. We have identified porcine ADAM3 and analyzed the protein. RT-PCR and trypsinization of sperm surface proteins revealed that porcine ADAM3 is expressed at high levels in the testis and on the sperm surface. Furthermore, an IVF inhibition assay with a recombinant porcine ADAM3 disintegrin domain showed that treatment of the disintegrin domain effectively prevented pig sperm-egg interactions. In the present study, we demonstrated the presence of ADAM3a and ADAM3b molecules in the pig and examined their roles in fertilization.
- A disintegrin and metalloprotease (ADAM)Disintegrin domainPorcineSperm-egg interaction
- Society Reproduction & Development-Srd
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Primate Resources Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > National Primate Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.