Changes of net photosynthesis, antioxidant enzyme activities, and antioxidant contents of Liriodendron tulipifera under elevated ozone
Cited 31 time in
- Changes of net photosynthesis, antioxidant enzyme activities, and antioxidant contents of Liriodendron tulipifera under elevated ozone
- S Z Ryang; S Y Woo; Suk Yoon Kwon; S H Kim; S H Lee; K N Kim; D K Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Photosynthetica, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 19-25
- Publication Year
- Liriodendron tulipifera was exposed to gradually elevated ozone concentrations of 100-300 μg kg-1 in the naturally irradiated environment chamber. During 15 d of exposure to O3, net photosynthetic rate (P N) decreased and there was large difference between the control (C) and treatment with ozone (OT), while there was no significant difference in water use efficiency. Total chlorophyll content as well as the value of fluorescence parameter Fv/Fm decreased, while antioxidant enzyme activities related to ascorbate-glutathione cycle increased after 15 d of OT. Unchanged contents of ascorbate and glutathione indirectly suggest that the species hastened the antioxidant's oxidization/reduction cycle using enzymes instead of expanding their pool against oxidative stress.
- ascorbate; catalase; chlorophyll content and fluorescence; glutathione reductase; irradiance; O₃; peroxidase; superoxide dismutase; water use efficiency
- Acad Sciences Czech Republic, Inst Experimental Botany
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.