Isolation of betulinic acid, its methyl ester and guaiane sesquiterpenoids with protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitory activity from the roots of Saussurea lappa C.B.Clarke
Cited 66 time in
- Isolation of betulinic acid, its methyl ester and guaiane sesquiterpenoids with protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitory activity from the roots of Saussurea lappa C.B.Clarke
- J Y Choi; M Na; I H Hwang; S H Lee; Eun Young Bae; Bo Yeon Kim; Jong Seog Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Molecules, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 266-272
- Publication Year
- Activity-guided fractionation of a MeOH extract of the roots of Saussurea lappa C.B.Clarke (Compositae), using an in vitro protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) inhibition assay, led to the isolation of four active constituents: betulinic acid (1), betulinic acid methyl ester (2), mokko lactone (3) and dehydrocostuslactone (4), along with nine inactive compounds. Our findings indicate that betulinic acid (1) and its methyl ester 2, as well as the two guaiane sesquiterpenoids 3 and 4 are potential lead moieties for the development of new PTP1B inhibitors.
- betulinic acidbetulinic acid methyl esterdehydrocostuslactonemokko lactoneprotein tyrosine phosphatase 1Bsaussurea lappa C.B.Clarke
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Chemical Biology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.