Analysis of microbial community during the anaerobic dechlorination of tetrachloroethylene (PCE) in stream of Gimpo and Inchon areas = 경기도 김포, 인천 서구지역 소하천의 PCE 탈염소화 군집의 선별 및 다양성 분석
Cited 0 time in
- Analysis of microbial community during the anaerobic dechlorination of tetrachloroethylene (PCE) in stream of Gimpo and Inchon areas = 경기도 김포, 인천 서구지역 소하천의 PCE 탈염소화 군집의 선별 및 다양성 분석
- Byung-Hyuk Kim; K H Baek; Dae Hyun Cho; Y Sung; Chi-Yong Ahn; Hee-Mock Oh; S C Koh; Hee-Sik Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Microbiology, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 140-147
- Publication Year
- In this study, anaerobic enrichment cultivation was performed with the sediments from the Gimpo and Inchon areas. Lactate as an electron donor and PCE as an electron acceptor was injected into the serum bottle with an anaerobic medium. After the incubation of 8 weeks, the reductive dechlorination of PCE was observed in 7 sites among 16 sites (43%). Three enrichment cultures showed completely dechlorination of PCE to ethene, while four enrichment culture showed transformation of PCE to cis-DCE. The bacterial community structure was analyzed by PCR-DGGE. Dechlorinating bacteria were detected by species-specific primers. The dominant species in seven anaerobic enrichments were found to belong to the genus of Dehalococcoides sp. and Geobacter sp., and Dehalobacter sp.
- dehalococcoides sp.; geobacter sp.; PCR-DGGE; reductive dechlorination
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.