Cited 0 time in
- Probiotic property of Lactobacillus pentosus Miny-148 isolated from human feces = 인체분변으로부터 분리한 유산균 Lactobacillus pentosus Miny-148의 생균제 특성 연구
- Min-Young Jung; Y H Park; H S Kim; Haryoung Poo; Young Hyo Chang
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Microbiology, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 177-184
- Publication Year
- Three hundred lactic acid bacteria isolated from human feces were studied their probiotic characters to develop potential probiotics. The properties were tested on the basis of guideline for probiotic selection protocol such as tolerance for acid or bile salt, thermal stability, antimicrobial, anticancer cell, and antiviral activity. Strain Miny-148 was selected as a potential probiotic bacterium which showed resistance to low pH, bile salts and thermal stability. On the basis of fatty acid profiles and 16S rDNA sequences analysis, the strain was identified as Lactobacillus pentosus (similarity 99.9%). The strain, L. pentosus Miny-148, showed broad antimicrobial spectrum against E. coli O157:H7, Shigella flexneri, Bacillus anthracis, Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli, Vibrio cholerae, V. vulnificus, Salmonella typhimurium, and Methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA). Cell-free culture supernatant of the strain also inhibited against the growth of HT-29 colon cancer cell and transmissible gastroenterits virus.
- antimicrobial; identification; Lactobacillus; pathogenic; probiotic
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Infectious Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of Bioinfrastructure > ABS Research Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.