Species-specific detection of Listeria monocytogenes using polymerase chain reaction assays targeting the prfA virulence gene cluster
Cited 11 time in
- Species-specific detection of Listeria monocytogenes using polymerase chain reaction assays targeting the prfA virulence gene cluster
- H J Jung; S H Park; S D Ha; K H Lee; D H Chung; C H Kim; Min-Gon Kim; K Y Kim; K S Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioscience Biotechnology and Biochemistry, vol. 73, no. 6, pp. 1412-1415
- Publication Year
- Sequence comparison of individual genes in the prfA virulence gene cluster (pVGC), a central virulence gene cluster, from different Listeria species indicated that priming sites within the genes appeared to be specific for Listeria monocytogenes exclusively. Therefore, the pVGC was targeted for polymerase chain reaction(PCR) assays to detect and specifically identify L monocytogenes. Each gene of the pVGC was specifically amplified in L. monocytogenes but not in other Listeria species.
- Listeria monocytogenesPCRprfA virulence gene cluster
- T&F (Taylor & Francis)
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.