2'-Benzoyloxycinnamaldehyde inhibits tumor growth in H-ras12V transgenic mice via downregulation of metallothionein = 2-벤조일옥시 시남알데하이드는 메탈로싸이오닌의 발현을 억제함으로써 발암유전자 라스가 도입된 형질전환 마우스의 종양성장을 억제
Cited 8 time in
- 2'-Benzoyloxycinnamaldehyde inhibits tumor growth in H-ras12V transgenic mice via downregulation of metallothionein = 2-벤조일옥시 시남알데하이드는 메탈로싸이오닌의 발현을 억제함으로써 발암유전자 라스가 도입된 형질전환 마우스의 종양성장을 억제
- H S Lee; S Y Lee; Hye-Lin Ha; Dong Cho Han; Jong Min Han; Tae Sook Jeong; Dae Yeul Yu; Young Il Yeom; Byoung-Mog Kwon; E Y Moon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Nutrition and Cancer-An International Journal, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 723-734
- Publication Year
- Cinnamaldehydes have been reported to induce apoptosis in human carcinomas through the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS). 2'- benzoyloxycinnamaldehyde (BCA) has been reported to inhibit tumor formation in H-ras12V transgenic mice. To see the antitumor effects of BCA, BCA was administrated intraperitoneally (50 mg/kg) to H-ras12V transgenic mice for 3 wk, and it was found that the hepatic tumor volume and the total number of tumors were decreased in BCA-treated mice as compared to control H-ras12V transgenic mice. To identify possible target genes responsible for BCA antitumor effects in H-ras12V transgenic mice, cDNA microarray analyses were performed comparing gene expression between BCA treated and control transgenic mice. We found that 42 genes were downregulated, and 40 genes were upregulated in the BCA-treated transgenic mice. The downregulated genes included several genes involved in ROS regulation and immune response (aconitase, metallothionein-1, metallothionein-2, and purine nucleoside phosphorylase). The expression of ROS-related genes, metallothionein 1 and metallothionein 2, was decreased more than twofold with BCA treatment (P 0.001). It was confirmed by RT-PCR and immunohistochemical analyses. The inhibition of tumor formation and growth in H-ras12V transgenic mice by BCA was mediated through inhibition of the expression of the ROS scavengers metallothionein 1 and metallothionein 2.
- T&F (Taylor & Francis)
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.