Paenibacillus pinihumi sp. nov., a cellulolytic bacterium isolated from the rhizosphere of Pinus densiflora = 소나무 근권에서 분리한 셀룰라아제 활성을 나타내는 Paenibacillus 속 신종 Paenibacillus pinihumi
Cited 15 time in
- Paenibacillus pinihumi sp. nov., a cellulolytic bacterium isolated from the rhizosphere of Pinus densiflora = 소나무 근권에서 분리한 셀룰라아제 활성을 나타내는 Paenibacillus 속 신종 Paenibacillus pinihumi
- Byeong Cheon Kim; Kang Hyun Lee; Mi Na Kim; Eun Mi Kim; Moon Soo Rhee; O Y Kwon; Kee Sun Shin
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 530-535
- Publication Year
- A novel cellulolytic bacterium, strain S23T, was isolated from the rhizosphere of the pine trees in Daejeon, Republic of Korea. This isolate was Gram-positive, strictly aerobic, rod-shaped, catalase-negative, oxidase-positive, motile by means of peritrichous flagella, and tested positive for alkaline phosphatase, esterase lipase, leucine arylamidase, α-galactosidase, and β-galactosidase activities. The DNA G+C content was 49.5 mol%. The main cellular fatty acids were anteiso-C15:0 (51.9%), iso-C16:0 (14.7%), and iso-C15:0 (13.2%). The major isoprenoid quinone was menaquinone 7 (MK-7). Diagnostic diamino acid in the cell-wall pepti-doglycan was meso-diaminopimelic acid. Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed that this strain clustered with Paenibacillus species. The 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity values between S23T and other Paenibacillus species were between 89.9% and 95.9%, and S23T was most closely related to Paenibacillus tarimensis SA-7-6T. On the basis of phylogenetic and phenotypic properties of strain S23T, the isolate is considered as a novel species belonging to the genus Paenibacillus. Therefore, the name, Paenibacillus pinihumi sp. nov., is proposed for the rhizosphere isolate; the type strain is S23T (=KCTC 13695T =KACC 14199T =JCM 16419T).
- Cellulose; Novel bacterium; Paenibacillus pinihumi; Pine tree; Rhizosphere
- Microbiological Society Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.