Rhodiosin, an antioxidant flavonol glycoside from Rhodiola rosea = 홍경천뿌리로부터 항산화제인 플라보노이드화합물인 로디오신의 개발
Cited 0 time in
- Rhodiosin, an antioxidant flavonol glycoside from Rhodiola rosea = 홍경천뿌리로부터 항산화제인 플라보노이드화합물인 로디오신의 개발
- Hyung Jun Kwon; Young Bae Ryu; Hyung Jae Jung; Jang Hun Kim; Su-Jin Park; Jong Sun Chang; Min-Soo Kim; Mun Chual Rho; Woo Song Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 486-492
- Publication Year
- The EtOAc fraction of Rhodiola rosea ethanolic extracts showed a strong antioxidant activity. Through activity-guided fractionation and purification, we isolated two flavonol glycosides, which were identified as the well known flavonoids, rhodionin (1) and rhodiosin (2). To compare their antioxidant activities, we used an authentic aglycone compound, herbacetin (3). Among the compounds tested, rhodiosin (2) exhibited strong antioxidant activity, with IC50 values of 0.21 and 0.15 μM against .OH and .O- 2, respectively. Rhodiosin (2) (100 mg/kg) reduced MDA content in the liver induced by irradiation when given prior to exposure of γ-radiation.
- antioxidantγ-irradiationRhodiola roseaRhodiosinUWLA
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.