Nucleotide sequence and genomic organization of a newly identified member of the genus Carmovirus, soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus, from soybean
Cited 22 time in
- Nucleotide sequence and genomic organization of a newly identified member of the genus Carmovirus, soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus, from soybean
- M Nam; S M Kim; L L Domier; Serry Koh; J K Moon; H S Choi; H G Kim; Jae Sun Moon; S H Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Virology, vol. 154, no. 10, pp. 1679-1684
- Publication Year
- The viral genome of soybean yellow mottle mosaic virus (SYMMV) from infected soybean (Glycine max) in Korea was cloned and sequenced. The complete monopartite single-stranded RNA genome of SYMMV consists of 4009 base pairs with six putative open reading frames and includes 5′- and 3′-untranslated regions of 39 and 229 nucleotides, respectively. The nucleotide and coat protein sequences of SYMMV share the highest sequence identity with those of cowpea mottle virus. Based on its genomic organization, its predicted amino acid sequence, and its phylogenetic relatedness to known carmoviruses, we report that SYMMV is a new member of the genus Carmovirus in the family Tombusviridae.
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.