Dokdonella ginsengisoli sp. nov., isolated from soil from a ginseng field, and emended description of the genus Dokdonella
Cited 18 time in
- Dokdonella ginsengisoli sp. nov., isolated from soil from a ginseng field, and emended description of the genus Dokdonella
- L N Ten; H M Jung; W T Im; Hyun Woo Oh; D C Yang; S A Yoo; S T Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 1947-1952
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, aerobic, rod-shaped, non-motile, non-spore-forming bacterial strain, designated Gsoil 191T, was isolated from a soil sample from a ginseng field in Pocheon Province, South Korea, and was characterized taxonomically by using a polyphasic approach. Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed that strain Gsoil 191T belongs to the family Xanthomonadaceae and is related to Dokdonella fugitiva LMG 23001T (97.8% sequence similarity) and Dokdonella koreensis KCTC 12396T (96.9 %). The G+C content of the genomic DNA was 68.7 mol%. The major respiratory quinone was Q-8 and the major fatty acids were iso-C17:1ω9c (30.6 %), iso-C17:0 (21.6%) and iso-C15:0 (13.0%), supporting the affiliation of strain Gsoil 191T to the genus Dokdonella. DNA-DNA hybridization experiments showed that the DNA-DNA relatedness values between strain Gsoil 191T and its closest phylogenetic neighbours were below 40%. The results of physiological and biochemical tests allowed genotypic and phenotypic differentiation of strain Gsoil 191T from recognized species of the genus Dokdonella. On the basis of its phenotypic properties and phylogenetic distinctiveness, strain Gsoil 191T represents a novel species of the genus Dokdonella, for which the name Dokdonella ginsengisoli sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is Gsoil 191T (=KCTC 12564T=DSM 17954T=CCUG 52462T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Research Facility & Analysis Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.