Planomicrobium flavidum sp. nov., isolated from a marine solar saltern, and transfer of Planococcus stackebrandtii Mayilraj et al. 2005 to the genus Planomicrobium as Planomicrobium stackebrandtii comb. nov.
Cited 24 time in
- Planomicrobium flavidum sp. nov., isolated from a marine solar saltern, and transfer of Planococcus stackebrandtii Mayilraj et al. 2005 to the genus Planomicrobium as Planomicrobium stackebrandtii comb. nov.
- Yong Taek Jung; So Jung Kang; Tae Kwang Oh; Jung-Hoon Yoon; B H Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 59, no. 12, pp. 2929-2933
- Publication Year
- A Gram-positive to Gram-variable, motile and coccoid- or short rod-shaped bacterial strain, ISL-41T, was subjected to a polyphasic study to investigate its exact taxonomic position. Strain ISL-41T grew optimally at pH 7.0-8.0 and 30 °C. It contained MK-8 and MK-7 as the predominant menaquinones and anteiso-C15:0, iso-C16:0, anteiso-C17:0 and C16:1ω7c alcohol as the major fatty acids. The DNA G+C content was 45.9 mol%. A phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain ISL-41T belonged to the genus Planomicrobium. The levels of similarity between the 16S rRNA gene sequence of strain ISL-41T and those of the type strains of recognized Planomicrobium species and Planococcus stackebrandtii were 97.4-98.6 %. Mean DNA-DNA relatedness values between strain ISL-41T and the type strains of Planomicrobium species and Planococcus stackebrandtii were 13-25%. Differential phenotypic properties, together with the phylogenetic and genetic distinctiveness, showed that strain ISL-41T could be differentiated from recognized Planomicrobium species and Planococcus stackebrandtii. On the basis of the phenotypic, phylogenetic and genetic data, strain ISL-41T is considered to represent a novel species within the genus Planomicrobium, for which the name Planomicrobium flavidum sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is ISL-41T (=KCTC 13261T=CCUG 56756T). It is also proposed that Planococcus stackebrandtii be transferred to the genus Planomicrobium as Planomicrobium stackebrandtii comb. nov. (type strain K22-03T5MTCC 6226T=DSM 16419T=DCM 12481T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.