Evolution of gold nanoparticles through Catalan, Archimedean, and Platonic solids
Cited 44 time in
- Evolution of gold nanoparticles through Catalan, Archimedean, and Platonic solids
- D Y Kim; S H Im; O O Park; Yong Taik Lim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Crystengcomm, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 116-121
- Publication Year
- This paper reports the transformation of rhombic dodecahedral gold nanoparticles through two different pathways depending on the water content. The gold nanoparticles were prepared by reducing HAuCl4 with N,N-dimethylforamide in the presence of poly(vinyl pyrrolidone) and water. Not only the concentration of PVP but also the water content has a critical role in determining the shape transformation of the gold nanocrystals. At low water content the rhombic dodecahedron is transformed into a rhombicuboctahedron to a truncated octahedron and then to an octahedron, while at higher water content the rhombic dodecahedron is transformed into a rhombicuboctahedron and then to a cube or a truncated cube and then to a cuboctahedron and to a truncated octahedron. In addition, we demonstrated cell imaging by using the truncated octahedral, rhombic dodecahedral and octahedral gold nanoparticles as a contrast agent.
- Royal Soc Chem
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.