Identification and utilization of a 1,3-propanediol oxidoreductase isoenzyme for production of 1,3-propanediol from glycerol in Klebsiella pneumoniae = 크렙시엘라 뉴모니아 유래 신규 1,3-프로판디올 옥시더리덕타제 효소
Cited 35 time in
- Identification and utilization of a 1,3-propanediol oxidoreductase isoenzyme for production of 1,3-propanediol from glycerol in Klebsiella pneumoniae = 크렙시엘라 뉴모니아 유래 신규 1,3-프로판디올 옥시더리덕타제 효소
- Jeong Woo Seo; M Y Seo; Baek Rock Oh; Sun Yeon Heo; Jin Oh Baek; D Rairakhwada; L H Luo; Won Kyung Hong; Chul Ho Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 659-666
- Publication Year
- In a previous study, we showed that 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PD) was still produced from glycerol by the Klebsiella pneumoniae mutant strain defective in 1,3-PD oxidoreductase (DhaT), although the production level was lower compared to the parent strain. As a potential candidate for another putative 1,3-PD oxidoreductase, we identified and characterized a homolog of Escherichia coli yqhD (88% homology in amino acid sequence), which encodes an alcohol dehydrogenase and is well known to replace the function of DhaT in E. coli. Introduction of multiple copies of the yqhD homolog restored 1,3-PD production in the mutant K. pneumoniae strain defective in DhaT. In addition, by-product formation was still eliminated in the recombinant strain due to the elimination of the glycerol oxidative pathway. An increase in NADP-dependent 1,3-PD oxidoreductase activity was observed in the recombinant strain harboring multiple copies of the yqhD homolog. The level of 1,3-PD production during batch fermentation in the recombinant strain was comparable to that of the parent strain; further engineering can generate an industrial strain producing 1,3-propanediol.
- 1,3-Propanediol1,3-Propanediol oxidoreductase isoenzymeGlycerol metabolismKlebsiella pneumoniae
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.