Molecular cloning and expression pattern of Metallothionein gene from the left-handed shell, Physa acuta = 왼돌이 물달팽이(Physa acuta)의 Metallothionein 유전자 클로닝 및 발현양상
Cited 0 time in
- Molecular cloning and expression pattern of Metallothionein gene from the left-handed shell, Physa acuta = 왼돌이 물달팽이(Physa acuta)의 Metallothionein 유전자 클로닝 및 발현양상
- Y H Jo; M K Baek; Se Won Kang; J B Lee; I S Byun; Sang-Haeng Choi; S H Chae; J H Kang; Y S Han; Hong-Seog Park; Y S Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Malacology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 223-230
- Publication Year
- Metallothioneins (MTs) play a key role in metallic homeostasis and detoxification in most living organisms. In an attempt to study the biological functions and significance of MT in a snail, we cloned and partially characterized the MT gene from the left-handed snail, Physa acutawhich has been regarded as a potential biomonitering species for fresh water. The complete cDNA sequence of PaMT cDNA was identified from the expressed sequence tag (EST) sequencing project of Physa acuta. The coding region of 180 bp gives 60 amino acid residues including the initiation methionine and termination codon. Clustering and phylogenic analysis of PaMT with other MT amino acid sequences show that it has some identities to Helix pomatia (60%), Arianta arbustorum (58%), Perna viridis (49%), Mytilus edulis (49%), Bathymodiolus azoricus (49%), Bathymodiolus azoricus (48%) and Bathymodiolus sp. FD-2002 (48%). Time dependent induction for PaMT from P. acuta exposed with cadmium (50 ppb) indicated that PaMT was induced at 4-8 hr after exposure. It remains to further develop PaMTas a potential biomarker for water contamination in fresh water.
- cloningmetallothioneinPhysa acutabio-monitoring
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.