Jeotgalibacillus salarius sp. nov., isolated from a marine saltern, and reclassification of Marinibacillus marinus and Marinibacillus campisalis as Jeotgalibacillus marinus comb. nov. and Jeotgalibacillus campisalis comb. nov., respectively
Cited 15 time in
- Jeotgalibacillus salarius sp. nov., isolated from a marine saltern, and reclassification of Marinibacillus marinus and Marinibacillus campisalis as Jeotgalibacillus marinus comb. nov. and Jeotgalibacillus campisalis comb. nov., respectively
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; Kang So Jung; P Schumann; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 15-20
- Publication Year
- A Gram-variable, motile and rod-shaped bacterial strain, ASL-1T, was isolated from a marine saltern located on the coast of the Yellow Sea, Korea. A neighbour-joining phylogenetic tree based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain ASL-1T clustered with Jeotgalibacillus alimentarius YKJ-13T and that this cluster joined the clade comprising the type strains of two Marinibacillus species. Strain ASL-1T exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity values of 97.3% to J. alimentarius YKJ-13T and 96.5% to the type strains of Marinibacillus marinus and Marinibacillus campisalis. The chemotaxonomic properties of strain ASL-1T were similar to those of one or two of the genera Jeotgalibacillus and Marinibacillus. The peptidoglycan type was A1α linked directly through L-lysine as the diamino acid. Strain ASL-1T contained MK-7 as the predominant menaquinone with the presence of a significant amount of MK-8. The predominant fatty acid was anteiso-C15:0. The DNA G+C content was 42.9 mol%. Differential phenotypic properties, together with the phylogenetic and genetic distinctiveness, revealed that strain ASL-1T could be differentiated from J. alimentarius and the two Marinibacillus species. On the basis of the data presented, strain ASL-1T represents a novel species within the genus Jeotgalibacillus, for which the name Jeotgalibacillus salarius sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is ASL-1T (5KCTC 13257T=CCUG 56751T). It is also proposed that Marinibacillus marinus and Marinibacillus campisalis be reclassified as Jeotgalibacillus marinus comb. nov. (type strain 581T=DSM 1297T=ATCC 29841T=CCUG 28884T=CIP 103308T=LMG 6930T) and Jeotgalibacillus campisalis comb. nov. (type strain SF-57T=KCCM 41644T=JCM 11810T), respectively.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.