The comparison of morphological and constituents of the leaves of Magnolia officinalis, M. biloba and M. obovata = 중국 및 일본산 후박 잎의 형태 및 성분 비교
Cited 0 time in
- The comparison of morphological and constituents of the leaves of Magnolia officinalis, M. biloba and M. obovata = 중국 및 일본산 후박 잎의 형태 및 성분 비교
- S H Park; U J Yun; J H Shin; Byoung-Mog Kwon; K Bae
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 278-282
- Publication Year
- In this study, we analyzed and quantified the contents of magnolol (1), honokiol (2), and obovatol (3) in the leaves of Magnolia species by HPLC. HPLC methods were developed and validated by ICH guide lines comparing the linearity, intraday precision, inter-day precision. The optimal conditions were as follows; wavelength: 288 nm, column: Zorbax Eclipse XDBC18 (2.1 x 150 mm, 5 um), mobile phase: Acetonitril - 0.1 % H3P04 (45:55, v/v) buffer, flow rate: 0.5 ml/min. The contents of magnolol, honokiol and obovatol were 1.08%, 2.37%, and 0.57% in the leaves of M officinalis, 0.50%, 0.03%, and 1.54% in the leaves of M. biloba, 0.37%, 0.03%, and 0.76% in the leaves of M. obovata. The contents of effective ingredients in the leaves of M. officinalis and M. biloba were higher than that of M. obovata. Especially, the content of obovatol in the leaves of M. biloba was remarkably high. This result showed that the shapes of leaves have a certain relationship with the content of obovatol.
- Honokiol; HPLC; M. biloba; M. obovata; Magnolia officinalis; Magnolol; Obovatol
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Genome Editing Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.