Pseudonocardia rhizophila sp. nov., a novel actinomycete isolated from a rhizosphere soil
Cited 18 time in
- Pseudonocardia rhizophila sp. nov., a novel actinomycete isolated from a rhizosphere soil
- J Li; G Z Zhao; H Y Huang; W Y Zhu; Lee Jae Chan; Chang-Jin Kim; L H Xu; L Z Zhang; W J Li
- Bibliographic Citation
- Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 77-83
- Publication Year
- During the course of our research on new actinobacterial sources, a novel actinomycete strain YIM 67013T was isolated from rhizosphere soil of Tripterygium wilfordii Hook. f. collected from Yunnan province, south-west China. The strain formed well-differentiated aerial and substrate mycelia, grew in the presence of up to 15% NaCl (optimum, 0-3% NaCl). Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain YIM 67013T belongs to the genus Pseudonocardia, with highest similarity to Pseudonocardia thermophila DSM 43832T (97.6%). Sequence similarities between strain YIM 67013T and the other Pseudonocardia species ranged from 96.6 to 93.2%. Key morphological and physiological characteristics as well as chemotaxonomic features of strain YIM 67013T were congruent with the description of the genus Pseudonocardia. The G+C content of the genomic DNA was 69.7 mol%. Based on comparative analysis of physiological, biochemical and chemotaxonomic data, including low DNA-DNA hybridization results, it is proposed that strain YIM 67013T represents a novel species of the genus Pseudonocardia, named Pseudonocardia rhizophila sp. nov. The type strain is YIM 67013T (= CCTCC AA 209043T = DSM 45381T).
- 16S rRNA genePseudonocardia rhizophila sp. nov.Rhizosphere
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.