Synthesis and In vitro cytotoxic activities of 2-Alkyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-2,6-diazacyclopenta(b)anthracene-5,10-diones
Cited 1 time in
- Synthesis and In vitro cytotoxic activities of 2-Alkyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-2,6-diazacyclopenta(b)anthracene-5,10-diones
- J H Kwak; K Namgoong; J K Jung; S B Han; J Cho; Hwan Mook Kim; Song Kyu Park; Kiho Lee; Jong Soon Kang; H Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 663-667
- Publication Year
- A series of 2-alkyl-2,3-dihydro-1H-2,6-diazacyclopenta[b]anthracene-5,10- diones (4a-f) was synthesized and their in vitro cytotoxic activities were evaluated against six human cancer cell lines (HCT15, SK-OV-3, SNB19, A549, MCF7 and MCF7/ADR). They all appeared to be less potent than doxorubicin against all doxorubicin sensitive human cancer cell lines tested. However, these compounds retained considerable cytotoxic activity against the doxorubicin-resistant cell line MCF7/ADR, implying their therapeutic potential to treat doxorubicin-resistant tumors. The most active compound 4c was equipotent with doxorubicin against HCT15 cell line.
- Cytotoxic activityDiazacyclopenta[b]anthracene-5,10-diones
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource & Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.