Cited 0 time in
- StrokeMed: an integrated literature database for stroke and the differentiation of stroke syndrome
- Young Uk Kim; Jin Ho Kim; Young-Kyu Park; Young Joo Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Interdisciplinary Bio Central, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 2-2
- Publication Year
- Complex diseases, such as stroke and cancer, have two or more genetic influences and are affected by environmental factors, which complicate them. Due to the complex characteristics of these diseases, we must search and study comprehensive literature-based article resources. Some disease-related literature databases have been developed through specialized journal issues or major websites. Most of them, however, are scattered throughout a website, and users encounter difficulties in finding accurate and comprehensive information easily and quickly.
We developed StrokeMed, an integrated literature database for stroke and the differentiation of stroke syndrome. The system allows users to explore PubMed search results, categorized by MeSH (Medical Subject Headings), and the differentiation of stroke syndrome in Oriental medicine. StrokeMed collects data from important sites, such as PubMed, Scirus, and Scopus, automatically to maintain higher-quality and updated content. Currently, the system indexes more than 20,000 PubMed abstracts that are related to stroke, stroke etiology, and Oriental medicine. The system provides valuable literature information to the scientific and medical fields in stroke.
- Stroke; Stroke syndrome differentiation; MeSH; Text Mining; Information extraction; Information retrieval
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.