Lavandulyl flavonoids from Sophora flavescens suppress lipopolysaccharide-Induced activation of nuclear factor-kappaB and mitogen-activated protein kinases in RAW264.7 cells
Cited 40 time in
- Lavandulyl flavonoids from Sophora flavescens suppress lipopolysaccharide-Induced activation of nuclear factor-kappaB and mitogen-activated protein kinases in RAW264.7 cells
- Jong Min Han; Y Y Jin; H Y Kim; K H Park; Woo Song Lee; Tae Sook Jeong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1019-1023
- Publication Year
- Oxidized low-density lipoprotein (oxLDL) and reactive oxygen species (ROS) play key roles in the early stage of atherosclerosis. Nitric oxide (NO) and ROS are responsible for regulation of the transcriptional pathways of nuclear Factor-κB (NF-κB) and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), key regulators of cellular inflammatory and immune responses. Previously, we examined LDL-antioxidant activities of the nine flavonoids isolated from Sophora flavescens. Among these, two lavandulyl flavonoids, kurarinone (1) and kuraridin (2) inhibited inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS)-dependent NO production and ROS generation, and suppressed remarkably the expression of inflammatory cytokines, CCL2, tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α, interleukin (IL)-1 ß,and iNOS in lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophages. Moreover, compounds 1 and 2 attenuated NF-κB activation by inhibition of IkBa proteolysis and p65 nuclear translocation, as well as phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK)1/2, c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK), and p38 MAP kinases.
- Lavandulyl flavonoidMitogen-acti-vated protein kinaseNitric oxideNuclear factor-κBReactive oxygen speciesSophora flavescens
- Pharmaceutical Soc Japan
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.