Pseudoruegeria lutimaris sp. nov., isolated from a tidal flat sediment, and emended description of the genus Pseudoruegeria
Cited 29 time in
- Pseudoruegeria lutimaris sp. nov., isolated from a tidal flat sediment, and emended description of the genus Pseudoruegeria
- Yong Taek Jung; B H Kim; Tae Kwang Oh; Jung-Hoon Yoon
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 1177-1181
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative-staining, non-motile and rod-shaped bacterial strain, HD-43T, was isolated from a tidal flat sediment collected from Hwang-do, an island of Korea. Strain HD-43T grew optimally at pH 7.0-8.0, at 30°C and in the presence of 2% (w/v) NaCl. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain HD-43T clustered with Pseudoruegeria aquimaris SW-255T. It exhibited 96.6% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity and 79.4% gyrB sequence similarity with P. aquimaris SW-255T. Strain HD-43T contained Q-10 as the predominant ubiquinone and C18 : 1ω7c as the major fatty acid. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine, an unidentified aminolipid, an unidentified glycolipid and an unidentified lipid. The DNA G + C content was 73.5 mol%. The mean DNA-DNA relatedness between strain HD-43T and P. aquimaris SW-255T was 5%. Differential phenotypic properties demonstrated that strain HD-43T is clearly distinguishable from P. aquimaris. On the basis of phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic data, strain HD-43 T is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Pseudoruegeria, for which the name Pseudoruegeria lutimaris sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is HD-43T (=KCTC 22690T =CCUG 57754T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.