Cited 65 time in
- Anti-inflammatory effects of methanol extracts of the root of Lilium lancifolium on LPS-stimulated Raw264.7 cells = 마우스 대식세포에 대한 참나리 추출물의 항염증 효과
- Ok-Kyoung Kwon; M Y Lee; Ji Eun Yuk; Sei Ryang Oh; Young Won Chin; Hyeong Kyu Lee; Kyung Seop Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Ethnopharmacology, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 28-34
- Publication Year
- Aim of the study: Lilium lancifolium is commonly used to treat bronchitis, pneumonia, etc. In this study, we investigated the anti-inflammatory effects of methanol extracts of the root of Lilium lancifolium (LL extracts) in LPS-stimulated Raw264.7 cells. Material and methods: Levels of NO, PGE2 and pro-inflammatory cytokines (IL-6 and TNF-α) in the supernatant fraction were determined using sandwich ELISA. Expression of COX-2 and iNOS, phosphorylation of MAPK subgroups (ERK and JNK), and NF-κB activation in extracts were detected via Western blot and immunocytochemistry assays. Results: The LL extract significantly inhibited NO, PGE2, IL-6 and TNF-α production in LPS-stimulated cells, and suppressed iNOS and COX-2 expression. A mechanism-based study showed that phosphorylation of ERK1/2 and JNK and translocation of the NF-κB p65 subunit into nuclei were inhibited by the LL extract. Furthermore, interleukin-4 and interleukin-13 production in Con A-induced splenocytes was suppressed. Conclusion: These results indicate that anti-inflammatory effects of methanol extracts from Lilium lancifolium are due to downregulation of iNOS and COX-2 via suppression of NF-κB activation and nuclear translocation as well as blocking of ERK and JNK signaling in LPS-stimulated Raw264.7 cells.
- COX-2IL-13IL-4InflammationINOSLilium lancifoliumNF-κBTNF-alpha
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.