Inhibition of VLA-4/VCAM-1-mediated cell adhesion by triterpenoid saponins from Bupleurum falcatum L = 시호로부터 분리된 트리터페노이드 사포닌의 VLA-4/VCAM-1에 의해 유도되는 세포접착 저해활성
Cited 2 time in
- Inhibition of VLA-4/VCAM-1-mediated cell adhesion by triterpenoid saponins from Bupleurum falcatum L = 시호로부터 분리된 트리터페노이드 사포닌의 VLA-4/VCAM-1에 의해 유도되는 세포접착 저해활성
- Seung Woong Lee; Min Seok Kim; Ju-Hwan Lim; Jong Sun Chang; J Ling; K H Bae; Woo Song Lee; Mun Chual Rho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bulletin of Korean Chemical Society, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 1931-1936
- Publication Year
- Discovery and isolation of compounds capable of blocking the interactions between VCAM-1 and VLA-4, a major pair of adhesion molecules contributing to the different steps of leukocyte migration across the endothelium in inflammatory responses, has been a major goal of this lab. Through bioactivity-guided fractionation, five saikosaponins were subsequently isolated from the methanol extracts of the roots of Bupleurum falcatum L. Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic analysis (1H-, 13C-NMR and 2D-NMR), as follows, saikosaponins: A (1); D (2); C (3); B3 (4); B4 (5). Compounds 1 and 2 inhibited interaction of sVCAM-1 and VLA-4 of THP-1 cells with respective IC50 values of 7.8 and 1.7 μM. The aglycone structure of 2 also showed cell adhesion inhibitory activity with an IC50 value of 21.1 μM. With these results, we suspect these two saikosaponins from the Bupleurum falcatum L. roots to be prime candidates for therapeutic strategies towards inflammation.
- Bupleurum falcatum L; Saikosaponins; Umbelliferae; Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1); Very late antigen-4 (VLA-4)
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.