Flavobacterium glycines sp. nov., a facultative methylotroph isolated from the rhizosphere of soybean
Cited 33 time in
- Flavobacterium glycines sp. nov., a facultative methylotroph isolated from the rhizosphere of soybean
- M Madhaiyan; S Poonguzhali; Jung-Sook Lee; Keun Chul Lee; S Sundaram
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 2187-2192
- Publication Year
- An aerobic, yellow-pigmented, facultatively methylotrophic, Gram-staining-negative, non-sporeforming bacterium, designated strain Gm-149T, was isolated from the rhizosphere of cultivated soybean in India. Cells were motile by gliding. The predominant cellular fatty acids were iso-C15 : 0, summed feature 3 (comprising iso-C15 : 0 2-OH and/or C16 : 1ω7c), C16 : 0 3-OH and anteiso-C 15 : 0, and the major isoprenoid quinone was MK-6. The G+C content of the genomic DNA of strain Gm-149T was 35.6 mol%. Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed that strain Gm-149T formed a distinct phyletic line within the genus Flavobacterium. Based on levels of pairwise 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity, strain Gm-149T was related most closely to the type strain of Flavobacterium daejeonense (97.1 %), but the level of DNA-DNA relatedness between these two strains was about 11.2 %. On the basis of phenotypic and genotypic data, strain Gm-149T is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Flavobacterium, for which the name Flavobacterium glycines sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is Gm-149T (=ICMP 17618T=NBRC 105008T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.