Cited 80 time in
- Vitamin D3 upregulated protein 1 suppresses TNF-α-induced NF-κB activation in hepatocarcinogenesis = VDUP1에 의한 TNF유도 NF-kB 활성의 저해
- Hyo Jung Kwon; Young Suk Won; Hyun-Woo Suh; J H Jeon; Y Shao; Suk Ran Yoon; J W Chung; Tae-Don Kim; Hwan Mook Kim; Ki Hoan Nam; Woon Kee Yoon; D G Kim; J H Kim; Yong Sung Kim; D Y Kim; Hyoung-Chin Kim; In Pyo Choi
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Immunology, vol. 185, no. 7, pp. 3980-3989
- Publication Year
- Vitamin D(3) upregulated protein 1 (VDUP1) is a candidate tumor suppressor, the expression of which is dramatically reduced in various tumor tissues. In this study, we found that VDUP1 expression is suppressed during human hepatic carcinogenesis, and mice lacking VDUP1 are much more susceptible to diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocarcinogenesis compared with wild type mice. VDUP1-deficient tumors proliferated significantly more than wild type tumors and had corresponding changes in the expression of key cell cycle regulatory proteins. In addition, the hepatomitogen-induced response was associated with a considerable increase in the release of TNF-α and subsequent enhancement of NF-κB activation in VDUP1-deficient mice. When cells were treated with TNF-α, the VDUP1 level was markedly reduced, concomitant with elevated NF-κB activation. Furthermore, the overexpression of VDUP1 resulted in the robust suppression of TNF-α-activated NF-κB activity via association with HDAC1 and HDAC3. These results indicate that VDUP1 negatively regulates hepatocarcinogenesis by suppressing TNF-α-induced NF-κB activation.
- Amer Assoc Immunologists
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource & Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Immunotherapy Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.