A novel competitive class of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors: (E)-1-phenyl-3-(4-styrylphenyl)urea derivatives = 신규한 알파 글루코시다아제 경쟁적 저해제: (E)-1-Phenyl-3-(4-styrylphenyl)urea 유도체
Cited 15 time in
- A novel competitive class of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors: (E)-1-phenyl-3-(4-styrylphenyl)urea derivatives = 신규한 알파 글루코시다아제 경쟁적 저해제: (E)-1-Phenyl-3-(4-styrylphenyl)urea 유도체
- J Y Kim; J W Lee; Y S Kim; Y Lee; Young Bae Ryu; S Kim; Hyung Won Ryu; M J Curtis-Long; K W Lee; Woo Song Lee; K H Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Chembiochem, vol. 11, no. 15, pp. 2125-2131
- Publication Year
- Competitive glycosidase inhibitors are generally sugar mimics that are costly and tedious to obtain because they require challenging and elongated chemical synthesis, which must be stereo- and regiocontrolled. Here, we show that readily accessible achiral (E)-1-phenyl-3-(4-strylphenyl)ureas are potent competitive α-glucosidase inhibitors. A systematic synthesis study shows that the 1-phenyl moiety on the urea is critical for ensuring competitive inhibition, and substituents on both terminal phenyl groups contribute to inhibition potency. The most potent inhibitor, compound 12 (IC(50)=8.4 μM, K(i)=3.2 μM), manifested a simple slow-binding inhibition profile for α-glucosidase with the kinetic parameters k(3)=0.005256 μM(-1)？min(-1), k(4)=0.003024 min(-1), and K(i)(app) =0.5753 μM.
- structureactivity relationshipsalpha-glucosidasesdrug designinhibitorsurea stilbene
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.