Genetic analysis of genes controlling natural variation of seed coat and flower colors in soybean = 콩 종피 및 화색의 자연적 변이를 조절하는 유전자의 유전적 분석
Cited 60 time in
- Genetic analysis of genes controlling natural variation of seed coat and flower colors in soybean = 콩 종피 및 화색의 자연적 변이를 조절하는 유전자의 유전적 분석
- K Yang; Namhee Jeong; J K Moon; Y H Lee; S H Lee; Hwan Mook Kim; C H Hwang; K Back; R G Palmer; Soon Chun Jeong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Heredity, vol. 101, no. 6, pp. 757-768
- Publication Year
- Soybean exhibits natural variation in flower and seed coat colors via the deposition of various anthocyanin pigments in the respective tissues. Although pigmentation in seeds or flowers has been well dissected at molecular level in several plant species, the genes controlling natural variation in anthocyanin traits in the soybean are not completely understood. To evaluate the genetic correlation between genetic loci and genes, 8 enzyme-encoding gene families and a transcription factor were localized in a soybean genome-wide genetic map. Among the seed coat color-controlling loci, the genetic location of the gene encoding for W1 was substantiated in the context of the current soybean molecular genetic map and O was postulated to correspond to anthocyanidin reductase. Among the genetic loci that regulate flower pigmentation, the genetic locations of the genes encoding for W1, W4, and Wp were identified, W3 was mapped on soybean linkage group B2 (chromosome 14), and W2 was postulated to correspond to an MYB transcription factor. Correlation studies between the developed markers and 3 color-controlling loci provided important empirical data that should prove useful in the design of marker-assisted breeding schemes as well as future association studies involving soybean.
- anthocyanin; flower color; Glycine max; molecular marker; seed coat color; soybean
- Oxford Univ Press
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.