Cited 10 time in
- Polyphenols displaying tyrosinase inhibition from the seed of Psoralea corylifolia
- J Y Kim; K Y Oh; J Y Kim; Hyung Won Ryu; Tae Sook Jeong; K H Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Korean Society for Applied Biological Chemistry, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 427-432
- Publication Year
- Three chalcones and two flavanones displaying tyrosinase inhibitory activity were isolated from the seed of Psoralea corylifolia, a cultivated edible plant. The isolated compounds were elucidated as known isovabachalcone, 4'-O-methylbavachalcone, isobavachromene, corylifolin, and bavachinin. The inhibitory potencies of the polyphenols toward monophenolase activity of mushroom tyrosinase were investigated. The inhibitory concentration (IC50) values of compounds 1-5 for monophenolase activity were determined to be 12.3, 48.8, 15.8, 23.6, and 143.9 μM, respectively. The potent inhibitors 1-4 exhibited the competitive inhibition characteristics in analysis of Lineweaver-Burks and Dixon-plot.
- Monophenolase; Mushroom tyrosinase; Prenylated chalcone; Psoralea corylifolia; References
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.