Anti-diabetic activities of Kocat-D1 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice = 3T3-L1 adipocyte와 C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice에서 KOCAT-D1의 항당뇨 활성
Cited 1 time in
- Anti-diabetic activities of Kocat-D1 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice = 3T3-L1 adipocyte와 C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice에서 KOCAT-D1의 항당뇨 활성
- J H Yang; H J Won; H Y Park; M H Nam; H S Lee; Joongku Lee; J T Kim; K W Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Korean Society for Food Science & Nutrition, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 692-698
- Publication Year
- This study investigated anti-diabetic activity of Kocat-D1, which is a currently used traditional medicine for treatment of diabetes in Shandong, China. Insulin sensitizing activity was observed in a cell-based glucose uptake assay using 3T3-L1 adipocytes. The treatment of 0.2 mg/mL of hot water extract of Kocat-D1 with 0.2 nM insulin was associated with a significant increasing in glucose uptake () over the treatment of 0.2 nM insulin. C57BL/KsJ-db/db mice (8 weeks of age) were separated into 3 groups: normal control (control, db/+ mice untreated), diabetic control (DM control, db/db mice untreated), Kocat-D1 (db/db mice treated with Kocat-D1 extract 350 mg/kg/day). After 16 weeks of treatment, body weight and total diet intake of Kocat-D1 group were significantly lower than DM control groups. Blood glucose levels of the Kocat-D1 group () were significantly lower compared to the DM control group (). Furthermore, insulin level was significantly increased in the Kocat-D1 group () compared with the DM control group (). The glomeruli in kidney was stained using periodic acid-shiff base (PAS) for confirming collagen accumulation. The glomeruli in kidney of Kocat-D1 group had significantly reduced PAS-positive compared with that of DM control.
- Kocat-D1anti-diabetes3T3-L1C57BL/KsJ-db/db miceinsulin
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.