Paenibacillus sputi sp. nov., isolated from the sputum of a patient with pulmonary disease
Cited 33 time in
- Paenibacillus sputi sp. nov., isolated from the sputum of a patient with pulmonary disease
- Kwang Kyu Kim; Keun Chul Lee; H Yu; S Ryoo; Y Park; Jung-Sook Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 60, no. 10, pp. 2371-2376
- Publication Year
- Strain KIT 00200-70066-1T was isolated from the sputum of a patient with pulmonary disease. Cells of the strain were Gram-variable, facultatively anaerobic, motile, spore-forming rods and formed colourless to white colonies on tryptic soy agar at 30°C and pH 7. The pathogenicity of the strain is not known. The strain contained meso-diaminopimelic acid as the diagnostic diamino acid in the cell-wall peptidoglycan, MK-7 as the predominant menaquinone, anteiso-C15:0, iso-C16:0 and C16:0 as the major fatty acids and diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine and several unknown lipids in the polar lipid profile. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that the isolate belongs to the genus Paenibacillus, sharing the highest levels of sequence similarity with Paenibacillus nanensis MX2-3T, Paenibacillus agaridevorans DSM 1355T and Paenibacillus alkaliterrae KSL-134 T (95.4, 95.2 and 94.8 %, respectively), and that it occupied a distinct position within this genus. Combined phylogenetic and phenotypic data supported the conclusion that strain KIT 00200-70066-1T represents a novel species of the genus Paenibacillus, for which the name Paenibacillus sputi sp. nov. is proposed; the type strain is KIT 00200-70066-1T (=KCTC 13252T =DSM 22699T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.