Generation of antibodies recognizing an aberrant glycoform of human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) using decoy immunization and phage display = 디코이면역법과 파아지 디스플레이를 이용한 TIMP-1 단백질의 당변이형을 인식하는 항체 제조
Cited 6 time in
- Generation of antibodies recognizing an aberrant glycoform of human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) using decoy immunization and phage display = 디코이면역법과 파아지 디스플레이를 이용한 TIMP-1 단백질의 당변이형을 인식하는 항체 제조
- Hyun Ju An; Yong Sam Kim; Chul Ho Lee; Eun Wie Cho; Hyang Sook Yoo; Seung Ho Kim; Jeong Heon Ko; Sang Jick Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Biotechnology, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 225-230
- Publication Year
- Aberrant glycosylation of human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) by N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-V (GnT-V) was previously reported to be related to cancer progression. Here, we report on the antibodies recognizing the structural features initiated by an addition of N-linked β(1,6)- N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) branch by GnT-V on TIMP-1. Two glycoforms of TIMP-1, TIMP1-L produced in Lec4 cells without GnT-V activity and TIMP1-B in GnT-V overexpressing transfectant cells, were purified from culture supernatant and used for generation of antibodies. TIMP1-L was injected in the left hind footpad of mice as decoy and TIMP1-B in the right hind footpad as immunogen. Phage-displayed scFv library was constructed from the B cells retrieved from the right popliteal lymph nodes and subjected to panning and screening. Phage ELISA of individual clones revealed the scFv clones with preferential binding activity to TIMP1-B, and they were converted into an scFv-Fc format for further characterization of binding specificity. Glycan binding assay of an antibody, 1-9F, revealed its differential specificity toward an extension of glycan structure initiated with β(1,6)-GlcNAc linkage and terminally decorated with a sialic acid. This study demonstrates feasibility of a new strategy combining decoy immunization with phage display for the efficient generation of antibodies tracking down structural features of different glycoforms.
- Antibody libraryDecoy immunizationGlycanN-linked β(1,6)-GlcNAc branchPhage display
- Appears in Collections:
- Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Genome Editing Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Laboratory Animal Resource & Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Rare Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Synthetic Biology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.