Identification and characterization of the propanediol utilization protein PduP of Lactobacillus reuteri for 3-hydroxypropionic acid production from glycerol = Lactobacillus reuteri 유래 3-hydroxypropionic acid 생산 효소의 특성 규명
Cited 41 time in
- Identification and characterization of the propanediol utilization protein PduP of Lactobacillus reuteri for 3-hydroxypropionic acid production from glycerol = Lactobacillus reuteri 유래 3-hydroxypropionic acid 생산 효소의 특성 규명
- L H Luo; Jeong-Woo Seo; Jin Oh Baek; Baek Rock Oh; Sun Yeon Heo; Won Kyung Hong; D H Kim; Chul Ho Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 89, no. 3, pp. 697-703
- Publication Year
- Although the de novo biosynthetic mechanism of 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) in glycerol-fermenting microorganisms is still unclear, the propanediol utilization protein (PduP) of Lactobacillus species has been suggested to be a key enzyme in this regard. To verify this hypothesis, a pduP gene from Lactobacillus reuteri was cloned and expressed, and the encoded protein was characterized. Recombinant L. reuteri PduP exhibited broad substrate specificity including 3-hydroxypropionaldehyde and utilized both NAD+ and NADP+ as a cofactor. Among various aldehyde substrates tested, the specific activity was highest for propionaldehyde, at pH 7.8 and 37 °C. The K m and V max values for propionaldehyde in the presence of NAD+ were 1.18 mM and 0.35 U mg-1, respectively. When L. reuteri pduP was overexpressed in Klebsiella pneumoniae, 3-HP production remarkably increased as compared to the wild-type strain (from 0.18 g L -1 to 0.72 g L-1) under shake-flask culture conditions, and the highest titer (1.38 g L-1 3-HP) was produced by the recombinant strain under batch fermentation conditions in a bioreactor. This is the first report stating the enzymatic properties of PduP protein and the probable role in biosynthesis of 3-HP in glycerol fermentation.
- 3-Hydroxypropionic acid; Glycerol; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Lactobacillus reuteri; Propanediol utilization protein PduP
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.