Flavobacterium ponti sp. nov., isolated from seawater
Cited 21 time in
- Flavobacterium ponti sp. nov., isolated from seawater
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; Soo Yeon Park; So Jung Kang; Su Jin Oh; S C Myung; W Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 81-85
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-negative, non-flagellated, non-gliding, yellow-pigmented and rod-shaped bacterial strain, designated GSW-R14T, was isolated from seawater of Geoje Island in the South Sea, Korea. Strain GSW-R14T grew optimally at 25 °C, at pH 7.0-8.0 and in the presence of 2% (w/v) NaCl. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain GSW-R14T belonged to the genus Flavobacterium, joining Flavobacterium gelidilacus LMG 21477T by a bootstrap resampling value of 100 %. Strain GSW-R14T exhibited 97.6% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity to F. gelidilacus LMG 21477T and similarities of 91.2-95.2% to other members of the genus Flavobacterium. Strain GSW-R14T contained MK-6 as the predominant menaquinone. The fatty acid profile of strain GSW-R14 T was similar to that of F. gelidilacus LMG 21477T. The DNA G+C content of strain GSW-R14T was 31.4 mol% and its DNA-DNA relatedness with F. gelidilacus LMG 21477T was 31 %. Strain GSW-R14T could be distinguished from F. gelidilacus and the other species of the genus Flavobacterium by its phylogenetic and genetic distinctiveness and by several phenotypic properties. On the basis of these data, strain GSW-R14T is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Flavobacterium, for which the name Flavobacterium ponti sp. nov. is proposed; the type strain is GSW-R14T (=KCTC 22802T =CCUG 58402T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.