Cited 0 time in
- Production of stable chloroplast-transformed plants in potato (Solanum tuberosum L.) = 안정적 감자 엽록체 형질전환 식물체 생산
- Sung Ran Min; Won Joong Jeong; Ji Hyun Park; Jae Il Lyu; Jeong Hee Lee; Kwang Hoon Oh; H J Chung; Jang Ryol Liu
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Plant Biotechnology, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 42-48
- Publication Year
- Chloroplast genetic engineering of higher plants offers several unique advantages compared with nuclear genome transformation, such as high levels of transgene expression, a lack of position effect due to site-specific transgene integration by homologous recombination, multigene engineering in a single transformation event and reducing risks of gene flow via pollen due to maternal inheritance. We established a reproducible chloroplast transformation system of potato using a tobacco specific plastid transformation vector, pCtVG (trnI-Prrn-aadA-mgfp-TpsbA-trnA). Stable transgene integration into chloroplast genomes and the homoplasmic state of the transgenome were confirmed by PCR and Southern blot analyses. Northern, immunoblot analysis, and GFP fluorescence imaging revealed high expression and accumulation of GFP in the plastids of potato leaves. This system would provide new opportunities for genetic improvement and mass production of value added foreign proteins in this crop.
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Institute > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.