Expression, purification, and characterization of human intestinal maltase secreted from Pichia pastoris
Cited 10 time in
- Expression, purification, and characterization of human intestinal maltase secreted from Pichia pastoris
- H J Ryu; E S Seo; H K Kang; Young Min Kim; D Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Food Science and Biotechnology, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 561-565
- Publication Year
- A gene encoding human intestinal maltase (HMA) was successfully expressed in Pichia pastoris under the control of the methanol-induced alcohol oxidase (AOX1) promoter. The secreted recombinant HMA fused with a His6-tag was produced (150 U/L) and was easily purified from culture supernatants in a 3-step diafiltration, ultrafiltration, and affinity column chromatography protocol. The specific activity of the purified HMA was 16.8 U/mg. Endoglycosidase H digestion of the protein showed that the recombinant HMA was N-glycosylated. The purified HMA was maximally active at pH 6.5 and stable (≥90%) up to 65°C. The kinetic parameters Km and Vmax were 3.3±0.25 mM maltose and 61.9±2 U/mg, respectively.
- α-glucosidase; Diabetes; Expression in yeast; Maltase; Pichia pastoris
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.