Vagococcus acidifermentans sp. nov., isolated from an acidogenic fermentation bioreactor
Cited 22 time in
- Vagococcus acidifermentans sp. nov., isolated from an acidogenic fermentation bioreactor
- L Wang; Y S Cui; C S Kwon; S T Lee; Jung-Sook Lee; W T Im
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1123-1126
- Publication Year
- Gram-staining-positive, coccus-shaped, non-spore-forming, facultatively anaerobic bacterium, designated AC-1T, was isolated from an acidogenic fermentation bioreactor treating food wastewater. On the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis, strain AC-1T was shown to belong to the genus Vagococcus. The closest phylogenetic relatives were Vagococcus elongatus PPC9T (97.4% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity), Vagococcus penaei CD276T (96.7%) and Vagococcus carniphilus ATCC BAA-640T (96.6%). The major fatty acids were C18: 1ω9c (24.8%) and C16: 0(19.5%) and the G+C content of genomic DNA was 44.2 mol%, which supported the affiliation of strain AC-1T to the genus Vagococcus. Strain AC-1T and V. elongates DSM 21480T exhibited 11% DNA-DNA relatedness. Physiological and biochemical tests differentiated strain AC-1T from the type strains of recognized species of the genus Vagococcus. Therefore, strain AC-1T is considered to represent a novel species, for which the name Vagococcus acidifermentans sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is AC-1T (=KCTC 13418T =LMG 24798T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.