Cited 6 time in
- Rapid concentration of some bacteriocin-like compounds using an organic solvent
- Dong Min Chung; K E Kim; Seong Yoep Jeong; C S Park; Keug Hyun Ahn; D H Kim; D O Kang; Hyo Kon Chun; Byung Dae Yoon; H B Koh; H J Kim; N S Choi
- Bibliographic Citation
- Food Science and Biotechnology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1457-1459
- Publication Year
- A new solvent extraction method for isolation of bacteriocin-like compounds (BLCs) from bacterial culture broth was developed. Culture supernatant of Pediococcus acidilactici WRL-1 was mixed with 3 volumes of cold acetone and maintained at ？20°C for 2 h. The solvent and precipitate were separated by centrifugation. Most (95.2 ±2.5%) pediocin activity was found in the liquid phase and it was obtained by evaporation. This method was also an effective means of isolating other BLCs from cultures of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, and Bacillus licheniformis DJ-2. Other solvents (methanol, ethanol, and butanol) were also suitable toward this end.
- anti-microbialBacillus cereusbacteriocin-like compoundorganic solvent
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > SME Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.