The use of cotyledonary-node explants in Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) = Agrobacterium에 의한 오이 형질전환에서 자엽절 절편의 이용
Cited 0 time in
- The use of cotyledonary-node explants in Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L.) = Agrobacterium에 의한 오이 형질전환에서 자엽절 절편의 이용
- H A Jang; Hyun A Kim; Suk Yoon Kwon; D W Choi; P S Choi
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Plant Biotechnology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 198-202
- Publication Year
- Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated cotyledonary-node explants transformation was used to produce transgenic cucumber. Cotyledonary-node explants of cucumber (Cucumis sativus L. cv., Eunsung) were co-cultivated with Agrobacterium strains (EHA101) containing the binary vector (pPZP211) carrying with CaMV 35S promoter-nptII gene as selectable marker gene and 35S promoter-DQ gene (unpublished data) as target gene. The average of transformation efficiency (4.01%) was obtained from three times experiments and the maximum efficiency was shown at 5.97%. A total of 9 putative transgenic plants resistant to paromomycin were produced from the cultures of cotyledonary-node explants on selection medium. Among them, 6 transgenic plants showed that the nptII gene integrated into each genome of cucumber by Southern blot analysis.
- Agrobacterium; cotyledonary-node; paromomycin; transgenic cucumber
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.