Butamben derivatives enhance BMP-2-stimulated commitment of C2C12 cells into osteoblasts with induction of voltage-gated potassium channel expression = 부탐벤의 골형성 효과
Cited 3 time in
- Butamben derivatives enhance BMP-2-stimulated commitment of C2C12 cells into osteoblasts with induction of voltage-gated potassium channel expression = 부탐벤의 골형성 효과
- H J Kim; M Park; Y M Han; Byoung-Mog Kwon; S H Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 21, no. 24, pp. 7363-7366
- Publication Year
- As the primary step for 'drug repositioning', we evaluated the effect of 2000 drugs and drug candidates on the commitment of bi-potential mesenchymal precursor C2C12 cells into osteoblasts in the presence of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-2 and found that butamben enhanced BMP-2-stimulated induction of alkaline phosphatase, a biomarker of osteoblastogenesis. Investigating the underlying mechanism of its anabolic actions, we found anabolic action of its derivative (compound 4) relies on BMP-2 signaling and mRNA induction of BMPs and voltage-gated potassium channels.
- Bone morphogenetic proteinButambenDrug repositioningOsteoblastogenesisVoltage-gated potassium channel
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.