Large increase in Leuconostoc citreum KM20 dextransucrase activity achieved by changing the strain/inducer combination in an E. coli expression system = E. coli strain과 유도제의 조합에 의한 글루칸 합성효소의 대량발현
Cited 3 time in
- Large increase in Leuconostoc citreum KM20 dextransucrase activity achieved by changing the strain/inducer combination in an E. coli expression system = E. coli strain과 유도제의 조합에 의한 글루칸 합성효소의 대량발현
- Jin A Ko; Hyung Jae Jung; Young Bae Ryu; Su-Jin Park; Y J Wee; D Kim; Young Min Kim; Woo Song Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 510-515
- Publication Year
- A recombinant putative dextransucrase (DexT) was produced from Leuconostoc citreum KM20 as a 160 kDa protein, but its productivity was very low (264 U/l). For optimization, we examined enzyme activity in 7 Escherichia coli strains with inducer molecules such as lactose or IPTG. E. coli BL21-CodonPlus(DE3)-RIL exhibited the highest enzyme activity with lactose. Finally, DexT activity was remarkably increased by 12-fold under the optimized culture conditions of a cell density to start induction (OD 600) of 0.95, a lactose concentration of 7.5 mM, and an induction temperature of 17°C. These results may effectively apply to the heterologous expression of other large DexT genes.
- Dextransucrase; Lactose; Leuconostoc citreum KM20; Optimization; Response surface methodology
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.