Flavonoid-mediated inhibition of SARS coronavirus 3C-like protease expressed in Pichia pastoris = 플라보노이드 유래 SARS coronavirus 3CL protease 저해 특성
Cited 187 time in
- Flavonoid-mediated inhibition of SARS coronavirus 3C-like protease expressed in Pichia pastoris = 플라보노이드 유래 SARS coronavirus 3CL protease 저해 특성
- T T H Nguyen; H J Woo; H K Kang; V D Nguyen; Young Min Kim; D W Kim; S A Ahn; Y Xia; D Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biotechnology Letters, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 831-838
- Publication Year
- The 3C-like protease (3CL pro) of severe acute respiratory syndrome associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV) is vital for SARS-CoV replication and is a promising drug target. Recombinant 3CL pro was expressed in Pichia pastoris GS115 as a 42 kDa protein that displayed a K m of 15 ± 2 μM with Dabcyl-KTSAVLQSGFRKME-Edans as substrate. Purified 3CL pro was used for inhibition and kinetic assays with seven flavonoid compounds. The IC 50 of six flavonoidcompounds were 47-381 μM. Quercetin, epigallocatechin gallate and gallocatechin gallate (GCG) displayed good inhibition toward 3CL pro with IC 50 values of 73, 73 and 47 μM, respectively. GCG showed a competitive inhibition pattern with K i value of 25 ± 1. 7 μM. In molecular docking experiments, GCG displayed a binding energy of -14 kcal mol -1 to the active site of 3CL pro and the galloyl moiety at 3-OH position was required for 3CL pro inhibition activity.
- FlavonoidMolecular dockingPichia pastorisProteaseSevere acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.