Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron VPI-5482 glycoside hydrolase family 66 homolog catalyzes dextranolytic and cyclization reactions = 덱스트란나아제 및 환상올리고당 합성반응을 촉매하는 Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron VPI-5482 유래 효소
Cited 12 time in
- Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron VPI-5482 glycoside hydrolase family 66 homolog catalyzes dextranolytic and cyclization reactions = 덱스트란나아제 및 환상올리고당 합성반응을 촉매하는 Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron VPI-5482 유래 효소
- Young Min Kim; E Yamamoto; M S Kang; H Nakai; W Saburi; M Okuyama; H Mori; K Funane; M Momma; Z Fujimoto; M Kobayashi; D Kim; A Kimura
- Bibliographic Citation
- FEBS Journal, vol. 279, pp. 3185-3191
- Publication Year
- Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron VPI-5482 harbors a gene encoding a putative cycloisomaltooligosaccharide glucanotransferase (BT3087) belonging to glycoside hydrolase family 66. The goal of the present study was to characterize the catalytic properties of this enzyme. Therefore, we expressed BT3087 (recombinant endo-dextranase from Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron VPI-5482) in Escherichia coli and determined that recombinant endo-dextranase from Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron VPI-5482 preferentially synthesized isomaltotetraose and isomaltooligosaccharides (degree of polymerization > 4) from dextran. The enzyme also generated large cyclic isomaltooligosaccharides early in the reaction. We conclude that members of the glycoside hydrolase 66 family may be classified into three types: (a) endo-dextranases, (b) dextranases possessing weak cycloisomaltooligosaccharide glucanotransferase activity, and (c) cycloisomaltooligosaccharide glucanotransferases.
- Bacteroides thetaiotaomicron VPI-5482cycloisomaltooligosaccharide glucanotransferaseendo-dextranaseglycoside hydrolase family 66isomaltotetraose
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.