Verrulactone C with an unprecedented dispiro skeleton, a new inhibitor of Staphylococcus aureus enoyl-ACP reductase, from Penicillium verruculosum F375
Cited 30 time in
- Verrulactone C with an unprecedented dispiro skeleton, a new inhibitor of Staphylococcus aureus enoyl-ACP reductase, from Penicillium verruculosum F375
- Nyung Kim; M J Sohn; H Koshino; E H Kim; Won Gon Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 83-86
- Publication Year
- An highly quaternary and unprecedented dispiro compound, verrulactone C, with the known compound, altenuisol, were isolated from a culture broth of the fungal strain Penicillium verruculosum F375 and their structures were established by various spectral analysis. Verrulactone C and altenuisol showed FabI-selective inhibition. Especially altenuisol had the high correlation between FabI-inhibition and whole cell antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus and MRSA with MICs of 8-32 μg/mL.
- AntibacterialDispiroFabIS. aureus
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Infectious Disease Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.