Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative effects of the ethanol extract of Cryptocarya densiflora blume in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 mouse macrophages = 크립토카랴 덴시플로라의 항염 및 항산화 효과
Cited 55 time in
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative effects of the ethanol extract of Cryptocarya densiflora blume in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated RAW264.7 mouse macrophages = 크립토카랴 덴시플로라의 항염 및 항산화 효과
- Ji Won Park; Ok-Kyoung Kwon; Doo-Young Kim; Jung Hee Kim; In Sik Shin; Sei-Ryang Oh; S W Lee; J H Kim; H Jin; W Y Lee; Kyung Seop Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology (David Publishing), vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 26-37
- Publication Year
- Ecklonia stolonifera is a brown alga that was shown to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, tyrosinase inhibitory, and chemopreventive activities. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying its anti-inflammatory activity remain unclear. In this study, we investigated the molecular mechanism of the anti-inflammatory action of E. stolonifera ethanolic extracts (ESE) using lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. ESE inhibited LPS-induced nitric oxide (IC50 = 72 ± 1.9 μg/mL) and prostaglandin E2 (IC50 = 98 ± 5.3 μg/mL) production in a dose-dependent manner and suppressed the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 in RAW 264.7 cells. ESE also reduced the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. LPS-induced nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB) transcriptional activity and NF-κB translocation into the nucleus were significantly inhibited by ESE treatment through the prevention of the degradation of inhibitor κB-α. Moreover, ESE inhibited the activation of Akt, ERK, JNK1/2, and p38 MAPK in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. The main components with anti-inflammatory activity in ESE were identified as phlorofucofuroeckol A and B based on the inhibition of NO production. Our results indicate that ESE can be considered as a potential source of therapeutic agents for inflammatory diseases.
- anti-inflammationEcklonia stoloniferaMAP kinasesNF-κBRAW 264.7 cells
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.