Fermentation process for mass production of clitocybin A, a new anti-wrinkle agent from Clitocybe aurantiaca and evaluation of inhibitory activity on matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression=Clitocybe aurantiaca균주의 주름개선소재 clitocybin A의 생산과 MMP-1
Cited 1 time in
- Fermentation process for mass production of clitocybin A, a new anti-wrinkle agent from Clitocybe aurantiaca and evaluation of inhibitory activity on matrix metalloproteinase-1 expression=Clitocybe aurantiaca균주의 주름개선소재 clitocybin A의 생산과 MMP-1
- K C Kim; Hyeok Won Lee; Hong-Weon Lee; Soo Jin Choo; Ick-Dong Yoo; B J Ha
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of (Applied) Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 194-201
- Publication Year
- Clitocybin A is a novel anti-wrinkle cosmetic agent produced by the strain from a Korean native mushroom Clitocybe aurantiaca. In this study, fermentation, extraction, and purification conditions for a large scale production of clitocybin A were optimized, and its cytotoxicity and inhibition activity on the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) were characterized. The mass production of anti-wrinkle agent was achieved according to the 300 L fermentation process with a fedbatch cultivation using the modified yeast-maltose (YM) broth, and a total of 12.5 kg of cell mass was obtained in a 120 L culture broth for 14 days. After extraction and purification, clitocybin A was identified by HPLC. The cytotoxicity of clitocybin A was examined by the MTT assay. When assayed at 100 and 200 μg/ml concentrations, clitocybin A showed no cytotoxicity, demonstrating safety. The inhibition activity of clitocybin A on the expression of MMP-1 was examined against UV irradiation. Oleanolic acid (control group) showed a relatively low MMP-1 inhibiting activity (ca. 16.7%) at 10 μg/ml and showed increased cytotoxicity at higher concentrations. In contrast, clitocybin A showed no cytotoxicity at 100 μg/ml, and exhibited a relatively high MMP-1-inhibiting activity (33.1%). These findings indicate that clitocybin A may be a safe and effective anti-wrinkle agent for use in functional cosmetics.
- Anti-agingAnti-wrinkleClitocybe aurantiacaClitocybin AMMP-1
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > BioProcess Engineering Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.