Genome-wide profiling of the microRNA-mRNA regulatory network in skeletal muscle with aging = 유전체 분석을 통한 노화에 따른 근육의 microRNA-mRNA 네트워크 규명
Cited 78 time in
- Genome-wide profiling of the microRNA-mRNA regulatory network in skeletal muscle with aging = 유전체 분석을 통한 노화에 따른 근육의 microRNA-mRNA 네트워크 규명
- Ji Young Kim; Young Kyu Park; Kwang-Pyo Lee; Seung Min Lee; Tae-Wook Kang; Hee Jin Kim; So Hee Dho; Seon-Young Kim; Ki Sun Kwon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Aging-Us, vol. 6, no. 7, pp. 524-544
- Publication Year
- Skeletal muscle degenerates progressively, losing mass (sarcopenia) over time, which leads to reduced physical ability and often results in secondary diseases such as diabetes and obesity. The regulation of gene expression by microRNAs is a key event in muscle development and disease. To understand genome-wide changes in microRNAs and mRNAs during muscle aging, we sequenced microRNAs and mRNAs from mouse gastrocnemius muscles at two different ages (6 and 24 months). Thirty-four microRNAs (15 up-regulated and 19 down-regulated) were differentially expressed with age, including the microRNAs miR-206 and -434, which were differentially expressed in aged muscle in previous studies. Interestingly, eight microRNAs in a microRNA cluster at the imprinted Dlk1-Dio3 locus on chromosome 12 were coordinately down-regulated. In addition, sixteen novel microRNAs were identified. Integrative analysis of microRNA and mRNA expression revealed that microRNAs may contribute to muscle aging through the positive regulation of transcription, metabolic processes, and kinase activity. Many of the age-related microRNAs have been implicated in human muscular diseases. We suggest that genome-wide microRNA profiling will expand our knowledge of microRNA function in the muscle aging process.
- Aging; Imprinted Dlk1-Dio3; MicroRNA cluster; MicroRNA profiling; Novel microRNA; Skeletal muscle
- Impact Journals Llc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.