Cited 7 time in
- APPEX: analysis platform for the identification of prognostic gene expression signatures in cancer
- Seon-Kyu Kim; Jong-Hwan Kim; S J Yoon; W J Kim; Seon-Young Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioinformatics, vol. 30, no. 22, pp. 3284-3286
- Publication Year
- Because cancer has heterogeneous clinical behaviors due to the progressive accumulation of multiple genetic and epigenetic alterations, the identification of robust molecular signatures for predicting cancer outcome is profoundly important. Here, we introduce the APPEX Web-based analysis platform as a versatile tool for identifying prognostic molecular signatures that predict cancer diversity. We incorporated most of statistical methods for survival analysis and implemented seven survival analysis workflows, including CoxSingle, CoxMulti, IntransSingle, IntransMulti, SuperPC, TimeRoc and multivariate. A total of 236 publicly available datasets were collected, processed and stored to support easy independent validation of prognostic signatures. Two case studies including disease recurrence and bladder cancer progression were described using different combinations of the seven workflows.
- Oxford Univ Press
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Korea Bioinformation Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.